I gained 29 lbs with Bryson and had lost the weight completely by the time he was 2 months old. I barely ate those 2 months and I attribute the weight loss to that. Don't even think about feeling jealous as my hips seem to be 2 sizes bigger and my stomach now resembles 4 day old bagel that a tiger attacked. I have terrible stretch marks. SO, my body is far from "pre-pregnancy" and nothing about it makes me happy.
Instead of watching every single morsel I put in my mouth, I find myself cramming food down whenever I get this chance....welcome to being a parent right?!? So I decided since I couldn't be a healthy and perfect eater all the time, I would just have to
WRONG! I find every excuse under the sun not to exercise daily. "It's too hot", "It's too rainy", "It's too cold", "The smoke from the brush fire smells too strong today"....etc, etc, etc.
My sweet hubby let me have a gym membership I didn't use, let me buy a beautiful new jogging stroller I rarely use, and even let me try Weight Watchers for a while. So, it's definitely not for lack of support.
All of this has been weighing heavily on my mind recently and I have just decided I am over myself. I can hardly fit into my BIGGEST pants (WAHHHHH) I MUST stop making excuses, dust off my beautiful jogging stroller and head out into the neighborhood. No one is gonna do it for me. We live in a gorgeous neighborhood that boasts a 3 mile "main drag" that is just perfect for a brisk walk. And I intend to use it!
I am tired of being the loser that makes excuses. So I plan to ensure I become the winner who sets goals. First up, I plan to begin walking 30 minutes a day. Not quite as daunting as the hour or so it takes me to walk the 3 miles. Sad, I know:(
Prayers and positive thoughts appreciate:) Ready, Set, GO
You can do it!!! Let's do it together--I want to be a winner, too :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I have not been calling you up to walk!!!! I'm a "loser" right along with you. My mind is not where yours is though... I'm lacking motivation (and my toddler is sucking away every last drop of energy!)
ReplyDelete