Saturday, November 20, 2010

I would like to announce....

That I truly feel today was the best day of Bryson's life so far (other than being born)! He was just such an amazing baby today:) For starters, he slept from 8 last night til 6 this morning. He woke up "talking" to himself (which is normal) and was thrilled to see me when I went to get him out of his crib (also normal)! He did not fuss as I put him on the couch to make his bottle, nor while he was waiting for his medicine and getting his burp cloth situated (not normal). He ate and burped well and went happily into his swing afterwards while I washed his bottle and had a little breakfast (semi-normal). He then FELL ASLEEP without fussing for a little morning nap (completely abnormal as he usually does not nap)! He slept for 45 minutes allowing me to shower, do my hair, and half of my makeup!!!! What a victory=) For whatever reason, Bryson does not like to nap during the day unless he's on my chest....which is not convenient most of the time for obvious reasons. He usually takes about 3 20-30 minute catnaps a day.  When he got up, I gave him a bath, which he ALWAYS loves and got him dressed without him fussing (not normal). Then he sat up on my bed while I got dressed and cooed at me the whole time! We went out and went to a craft show, lunch, and shopping with our cousins-one of which is 2 years old. Bryson was a dream-didn't fuss and showed his adorable personality. He even slept through the entire craft show (again, NOT normal)! Later, we went to the fire station to see Daddy and he was wonderful other than when we were sitting in traffic (normal)! Then we came home, I made him a bottle, he ate, slept, ate, and went to bed without fussing at all!!! I want to look back one day and know what an amazing victory this was for him. I know there will quickly come a day when he is much easier to entertain and get things done with. He is such a sweet baby and I love him so much! Please pray for me that days like this become the norm:) Tomorrow we are having our family Christmas pictures taken-I am SO excited<3 I will post some when I get them back! 




Here is our family Christmas pic from last year:

No comments:

Post a Comment